Monday, November 9, 2009

Struggle - Press Delete By Mary Kay Buttery

Mary Kay Buttery

I recently had the opportunity to accept an assignment in Southern California. I instantly fell in love with the area because of the glorious weather. And as I experience more of this local I find there is much to appreciate!


As little as six months ago I probably would have not been open to this offer. But we live in a ever changing universe. I have to laugh as I am again living an experience beyond my wildest dreams! But that my friends is my life. My most recent personal window(s) of opportunity adventure is the essence of this feature article.


After the conclusion my last temporary contact assignment I started investigating new opportunities. The calls from recruiters were slim to nothing. And the few I got were offering assignments in locations I had experienced or knew were not a good fit.


I sensed I would consider a permanent employment agreement when that perfect location presented itself. Well now seemed to be an excellent time to be proactive! So I thought of a few places I would really like to live and started searching for full time permanent positions in those areas. I love to 'google' topics on the internet. And through this technique I found an opportunity in a favored location, San Diego. Long story short, I jumped through the necessary hoops and was offered a long term contact assignment.


I now had to find comfortable lodging, at least temporarily. I can be an impulse buyer, so I set up a monetary range of what I desired to allocate for this expenditure. And I also remembered my worldly possessions have been narrowed down to that which can fit in my car (the past three years I have junketed from place to place doing short term contract appointments ).


An ingredient of mine for a more happy joyful life is meeting interesting people. So I decided to investigate roommate situations. It was as if I swirled a magic wand, as soon after I found a great opportunity to live in a four bedroom house that offers a comfortable homey living environment. I occupy a private (furnished) bedroom and have house privileges. And utilities, cable TV, high speed wireless internet, linens, towels, weekly cleaning and groceries are included in the rent! Right now there are also two twenty something individuals from Germany, a male and female, living in the house along with me. One is an avid surfer, and the other is a soon to be lawyer here to learn about our judicial system. We each have our own schedules. But we tend to meet up and chat for a bit, usually while preparing food in the kitchen .


I have been on the job a few weeks and am in the process of departmental training. The facility is federal and a military medical center, so a lot of policies, protocols, verbiage, etc. are a new experience for me. Yet everywhere I go I find a smile is one thing everyone recognizes, appreciates and responds to!


Since I started my assignment I discovered that the department is installing a highly complex instrumentation system. It is a 'hot off the press' concept in laboratory instrumentation. Everyone involved will be at beginner status when training begins! Staff members will learn a lot more about Information Technology. And, if it runs according to plan it will mean fewer staff will be required. Change is a component one can always rely to make an appearance, again and again!


If downsizing occurs I will be one of the first to be considered for a pink slip, as I am a contract employee at this facility. But I am there now and I get to experience implementation of a state of the art system (and add the experience to my resume). As luck would have it, I am on a month to month agreement at my present living situation. And I know everything that is an ideal match for me will come my way - easily and perfectly!


I no longer live in a Catch 22 world. I have deleted struggle from my living experience. Life invigorates me. So you can appreciate and understand why I comfortably and confidently say - 'Bring It On'!


Resource: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=378092&ca=Self

No comments:

Post a Comment